Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Making Cricut Murals/Collage

I used the Cricut to make classroom Murals that my children work on together over the week of focused program planning. I have the children help sponge paint the background.

The children painted some of the black shapes by using various methods to work on developing their fine motor skills. Children sponge paint, marble paint, finger paint, and paint shapes with paintbrushes while the shapes are taped on the back to a piece of construction paper or thin cardboard.

The Children also used blacked stencils of shapes from the Cricut to sponge paint shapes directly on the Mural background. I taped the stencils to the background with small piece of tape to make it easy to remove when the paint is dry.

When the art dries the children decide where to place. As a group we talk about where the art could go and why.

I added a few shapes on the murals to encourage interest and discussion about the mural and its shapes.

To keep interest in the murals I try to keep each one different with each having separate ways to decorate the background. With the Halloween Mural I made the shapes and glued them together. The children painted the background by sponge painting. When it was dry I brought out the shapes and had the children decide where each should go. They decided where the house should go. They decided where the pumpkin patch should go. They discussed with me where the trees should go. We talked about trees needing to be on the ground so it can have water for a drink. They discussed where the moon and clouds should go.  Each shape was taped down. Normally I glue them done but the glue I had available would not hold down the shapes so I used take instead as it was what was available,




No comments:

Post a Comment