Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Painting with the Cricut

Here are pictures of some of the art I have done with my children using the Cricut.

  
I used a shape from the Pumpkin carving cartridge and taped it to the black construction paper. I then put the paper and stencil in a Pringles tall chip can and added the marbles. The children then picked their paint color and I poured it in the can. I put the lid on the can and taped it on. The children each shaked the can with their art work. After the pictures dried they looked like this.

I used the Pumpkin carving cartridge to make the pumpkin shapes. I cut out a bunch of different faces for the pumpkins. I let the children choose the face they would like on their pumpkin. I taped the face stencil to the pumpkin. The children then used sponges to sponge paint over the stencil to make their own jack o lantern. The children loved this activity.



I used the Freshly Picked cartridge to make the flower stencil. Children picked which flower stencil they would like to use. The children painted with a paint brush or coloured with markers and pencil crayons their stencil picture. This picture is using the Marigold shape. I used the shape left over from the stencil to make a flower collage with my class. I also make the flower name shape markers and the gate, pavilion, and watering can.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to be a first time preschool teacher in the fall, so I'm absorbing everything I can find!

    Will you further explain the pringles activity? Thanks!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete