Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Time of Growth and Change

It had been a while since I last posted on my blog. A lot has happened many changes to become accustomed. I have switched to work as a supply Early Childhood teacher with my local school board in the full day kindergarten program. I have remained on call if available and needed at the day care. For now the position is on call and a bit of an adjustment from working guarenteed full time hours at the day care each day. I receive call the night before or the morning of to advise were I will be teaching. It was a bit scary at first not knowing were I was going, the routines or another staff member. I love it now as I enjoy the challenge new experiences, children, staff, and schools each day.

I have created a few resources for dramatic play that I will update and post soon. I also made a few Cricut Classmates Word Builder games using two shapes the children could sound out and match using the letters and blends of the month. I do not have picture of the games yet as the children enjoyed them so much I gave them to the teacher to use on going in her classroom. The children enjoyed matching the scoops on the ice cream cone, the train cars, bird houses, fish, and the caterpillars. The games captivated the children. To make them last I laminated the games and attached Velcro circles to aid in the ease of use of the game.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Black Friday! More updates to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment